Artisphere needs your energy and creative skills. Our volunteer program strives to build community among seasoned art-lovers, the art curious, and anyone in between. We provide opportunities for volunteers to use their talents to support Artisphere and engage with the arts on a personal level through programmatic and administrative support.
Prior to performing any volunteer work, volunteer candidates must interview with Artisphere staff and undergo any necessary background checks, complete an orientation session at Artisphere, and undergo any necessary specialized training. At this time, we ask that volunteers be at least 18 years of age. Artisphere asks that all volunteers make an initial commitment of three to six months. Generally, volunteers are encouraged to work a minimum of four shifts per month. Shifts are typically four hours in length.
Committed and engaged volunteers may enjoy Artisphere volunteer benefits, including exclusive behind-the-scenes access to performances and gallery events, detailed orientation/training and invitations to volunteer appreciation socials.
Artisphere Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteers are responsible for keeping track of their hours. Artisphere will maintain each volunteer's applications, dates, and hours of service (including orientation). Volunteers should expect to arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to the start of their shift, as being on time and staying for the duration of a shift are important to the success of Artisphere's volunteer program and individual volunteers.
- When rescheduling or cancelling your volunteer assignment, please contact us at least 48 hours in advance of the date you are scheduled to volunteer. All requests for rescheduling or cancelling an assignment should be sent to email@example.com or can be phoned in at (703)875-1100. In the event of an emergency that does not allow for advance notice of the cancelling of your volunteer assignment, please phone the Front Desk at (703)875–1199 and ask to speak with the Manager on duty.
- Volunteers who miss 3 or more shifts without explanation or advance notice will be candidates for dismissal.
- Volunteers may be assigned duties that require them to stand for long periods of time and may need to climb stairs. Please let the Assistant Facility Manager know of any physical limitations in advance of your scheduled volunteer date.
- Volunteers should wear any pin, button, or t-shirt provided to them by Artisphere that identifies them to the public. Other than that, please wear clean, comfortable, well-fitting clothes that are appropriate for the type of work you'll be doing.
- Volunteers are asked to perform a variety of tasks. These duties are assigned upon arrival by the Manager on duty. All volunteers are asked to be flexible when given specific assignments.
If you are interested in joining the Artisphere Volunteer ranks please contact the JoLynda Lawecki, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online for the Artisphere Volunteer Program.